Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Jumping...TO THE MAX!!!

I'm a jumper.....I jump....a lot. Maybe it's a twitch in my left thumb. Maybe it's my short attention span. But when I play MMO's my character is bouncing around like a beach ball at a Nickelback concert. (2 silver to whoever knows that reference - it's also one of my fav movies)

So I buy Rift, start installing and like a good MMOer should do, I hit the web to see what spec my baby warrior should use for leveling. I come across this post that says go with Champion because of Bull Rush.
"Being able to charge from monster to monster will save you an incredible amount of time."
Great, I've got limited play time and this sounds like a logical conclusion so away I go. Bull Rush set to keybind #1.

BLAMMO!!! Bull Rush to the first mob. "Oh wow, that's a cool animation," I say. BLAMMO!! Bull Rush to the second mob. "Hmmm, this is a lot of fun." BLAMMO!! BLAMMO!! BLAMMO!! BLAM....you get the point.

When I used to play my pally in WoW, I would often jump right before I attacked something. The thumb was already hovering over the space bar anyway so why not, right? It gave questing a little more epic feel when I jumped up in the air, swung my mighty axe-the-size-of-Texas, and bashed that poor Hulking Boar into the ground.

NOW......Rift has taken it to a whole new level. Not only do I jump before I kill some helpless herbavore, but I freakin fly through the air with God-like rays emanating from my backside and land in all my blazen glory. Hasta lasagna Hulking Boar. And on top of that....sometime around level 19 or so (not 100% sure, this is when I grabbed it) you can talent Blitz and use Bull Rush while IN COMBAT. That means zero downtime.


Remember...Beautiful Snowflakes can beat the livin' snot out of stuff too.

No comments:

Post a Comment