Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Night I Became Daredevil

Baby warrior is now level 27. So recently I spent a lot of time in Stonefield. More importantly to this little story - I spent a lot of time in Granite Falls. And everytime you take the porticulum there you zone in facing that beautiful triple waterfall.



I'm not really sure when it caught my eye, but there is a giant cliff hanging out over the little pond. (Maybe it's because I live in Southern California and I'm just waiting for an earthquake to bring that thing down on my head.) I found myself thinking one day "I wonder if it's possible to get up on top of that." If you could, you'd have a really nice view of the zone. Or you could stand at the top in your underware screaming "Spartans! Prepare for glory!" At any rate, the thought was there and needed to be followed up on. AND...I really like screaming in my underwear in public places.


So I was up late one night, insomnia in full swing, and I decide that this is the perfect time to see what's what on top the ol' mountain. After a few trial and errors (and some Soul Mending for a good 20 or 30 gold - that's expensive for this noob) I was standing on the edge of the cliff - peering down at Granite Falls.



Now - here's the best part. As I'm in the "trial and error" stage and laying in a crumpled heap at the foot of the waterfalls, someone else's pink pixel body comes flying off that cliff, lands in the pool, and gets an achievement called Plop! Turns out, there's a whole series of achievements for leaping to your demise called High Diver.

So with one last look around, I toss back some liquid courage, double check for positioning, and I take the leap splashing down safely into the pool below. Up comes Plop! But wait there's more!! Something else appears in my chat window: "You have earned the title 'the Daredevil'"

Sweet.



Not a bad title for a short little achievement. Here's a little video tutorial of how to get up there (it's possible there are other ways, but this was my path).




I haven't seen too many people rockin' this title so grab it while you can. You can still be a beautiful and unique snowflake for a few more weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment